Depending on the level of hemoglobin in the blood anemia is divided on:
- mild degree (Hb 110-90 g/l),
- moderate degree (Hb 89-70 g/l),
- severe degree (Hb less than 69 g/l).
Depending on the size of RBC and their saturation by hemoglobin (from data of colour index - CI) anemia is divided on:
- Normocytic anemia (can be normochromic anemia: colour of RBC is normal and CI is 0,86-1,1);
- Microcytic anemia (can be hypo- or normochromic): microcytosis , anizopoykilocytosis, hypochromia, CI < 0,7;
- Macrocytic anemia: macrocytosis, megalocytosis, CI > 1,1.